The Skills and Components of English
If we want to be a master of English, we should learn the skills and the components of English.
- Listening is a communication technique that requires the listener to understand, interpret, and evaluate what (s)he hears.
- Reading is a complex cognitive process of decoding symbols for the intention of constructing or deriving meaning (reading comprehension).
- Speaking is an action conveying information or expressing one’s thoughts and feelings in spoken language.
- Writing is the activity or skill of making coherent words on paper and composing text.
- Vocabulary is the group of words that a person or group of people know how to use.
- Grammar is the whole system and structure of a language or of languages in general, usually taken as consisting of syntax and morphology.
- Pronunciation is the way how to utter the word or the way in which a word pronounced.