How to be a Good Reader?
Many people enjoy reading as a way to relax and enrich their minds. If you want to start reading for pleasure or to improve your reading skills, these steps can help:
- Spent your time to go to the library. Libraries are wonderful places to find a variety of books.
- Find a quiet, comfortable place to read so that you aren’t disturbed. Make sure it is somewhere with good lighting where you can relax.
- Pick reading material that interests you. Read the backs of books or the inside of the dust jacket for a brief summary of the plot.
- Find a book that’s comfortable for you to read. Skim the first few pages if you have trouble understanding what the author’s trying to say, you may not enjoy the book.
- If you have trouble visualizing the story, pay attention to the introductions of characters and places. Try to see each in your mind. “Seeing” the story will make it more real to you and easier to remember.
- Try to take the book you’re reading with you wherever you go.
- Return to the library regularly to get new books to read.